Brunching and Bowling

Carina Swonger, '21, Copy Editor

In January, dozens of fabulous Chipmunks and their mothers donned their finest luncheon attire and gathered to celebrate the special bond between moms and their daughters. The annual event, held this year at the Ridgeway in Metairie, was a beautiful afternoon that brought families together to eat a delicious lunch, reflect on their blessings, win some door prizes, and watch a chic fashion show! This year’s style show, sponsored by Veaux Luxe, showcased trendy styles while Ms. Radcliffe read each model’s touching thoughts about their mothers. There were definitely some teary eyes in the audience! Caroline Smith, a sophomore and style show model, loves the event. “I think the Mother-Daughter Luncheon is a memory that will last forever. I believe it is very important because it carves out time for just the girl and her mom to catch and spend some quality time together despite their busy lives.”

Just a few days later, Chapelle fathers and their daughters enjoyed a fun-filled evening at the famous Rock’n’Bowl of New Orleans. The competition was on as teams of Chipmunk girls and dads competed for the most strikes and spares. The food was delicious, and the music definitely put the “Rock” in Rock’n’Bowl! “I love the Father-Daughter events because it gives me the opportunity to spend some quality time just having fun with my dad!” commented junior Sarah Grosse. Many of the groups also donned fabulous costumes adhering to this year’s theme of “Dynamic Duos.” Check out the gallery below to see some of the best!

These bonding events are definitely appreciated by the students and will certainly be a lasting tradition for years to come. For many girls, their mom is their very best friend. “My mom means the world to me. She is the biggest role model a girl could have, and very honestly she is a superwoman,” remarked Caroline. “She will forever be the most important person in my life, and I would not be who I am without her.” For just as many students, their dads mean the world to them. “I love my dad because he is so caring and supportive of everything I do, and we goof off together all the time!” said Sarah.

Take some time every day to thank and appreciate the mother and father figures in your life; we wouldn’t be who we are without them!