Bowler Chips Strike Out the Competition

AC Nussbaum, '21, Staff Writer

While many think of bowling as a weekend activity to hang out with friends, our Bowling team proved bowling to be a fiercely competitive sport. Led by team captain and sophomore Sarah Rubi, the team rose up in the ranks and steadily improved all season. A season highlight was the team’s victory over Academy of Our Lady, the defending state champion. On top of defeating AOL at our home lanes (AMF), Chapelle beat them again next week on their own turf at Westside Lanes. Their stellar bowling skills carried them to an even greater glory during regular season play; the Chapelle Bowling team held the number one seed in the state for nearly the entire season and went into the state tournament undefeated with a 12-0 record.

On top of their excellent performance as a team, members also improved individually. The team average went up over the course of the season. Sophomore Madalyn Haas was named to All-District Team II, and junior Jessica Ladd and sophomore Sarah Rubi were named to All-District Team I. Jessica was also awarded All-District MVP for the season. All three competed in the individual state competition, and Chapelle is proud to be the home of the new Individual Girls’ State Bowling Champion! Sarah rose above the competition and finished the competition in first place, becoming the Individual State Champion.

The Word commends the entire bowling team on their hard work and excellent season. We look forward to seeing you continue your bowling dominance in the future. Congratulations, Bowler Chips!