Real Love is Life-Giving Week

Rylee Johnson, '21, Contributing Writer

From February 11-15, Women of Christ and Chips for Life sponsored “Real Love is Life-Giving Week,” a combination of Pro-Life Week and Real Love Week. This week was dedicated to raising awareness of abortion, appreciating all life, fighting for the unborn, and understanding God’s unconditional love for each and every person. Many activities occurred during the school week, such as a modesty fashion show put on by Women of Christ, guest speakers who talked about real love, a diaper drive, and hearts being put around the school with scripture and saints’ quotes. In addition, candy grams were sold, and all of the profits were given to the Women’s New Life Center. During the school week, each morning began with prayers for the unborn and prayers asking God to show us the true meaning of love.  Junior Sarah Grosse, a member of Women of Christ, said, “One of the small things I love about Real Love Week is the hearts that are scattered all around campus. Sometimes we all just need little reminders of how much we are loved by the Father!” Senior Molly Snakenberg, an officer of Women of Christ, Chips for Life, and Campus Ministry Leadership team, was overjoyed with the participation during the week. “The combination of this year’s Real Love and Pro-Life week allowed the school to realize how connected these themes are. It was amazing for everyone to dive into these topics together and to realize the fact that real love truly is both life-giving and life-sustaining,” she said.

Chips, remember to appreciate your life and pray for babies who are not given the chance to live! In addition, Real Love Week is meant to inspire you to first love yourself and treat others with kindness. In 1 Corinthians, Jesus says, “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs…LOVE NEVER FAILS.”